Art Class Today!
Saturday, April 14th, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Color mixing using a limited palette with Lolita Dickinson
Participants will learn how to best setup a limited palette and to mix colors using just those palette colors. This helps to reduce the need for having numerous tubes of paint mixtures, and it better equips the artist with knowledge and skill needed to quickly match any color and value need in a painting.
The class will also be matching hue, saturation, and values required to paint scenes from photos and other reference materials.
A review of the color wheel and how it is helpful in analyzing value and hue will be covered. The class will be creating charts to record mixtures for future reference.
Although principles being taught apply to oils, acrylics, and watercolors, it’s recommended that class participants use acrylics as they dry quickly for taking home chart creations.
- Color chart
- wheel (prefer the larger one as it’s easier to read)Paper Towels
- A large palette for paint and mixing or 2 smaller palettes
- Several small brushes
- Pencil or pen for recording chart info.
- (Heavy Paper for Charts will be provided)
- Small Palette knife with a point like a P-1.
Acrylic Paint colors:
- Cadmium Yellow
- LightCadmium Red
- BluePhthalo Blue